Requirements For Players Over/Turning 18
- Any NSC Players age 18 or older
- AND, those that will turn 18 during the Spring season
Requirements (as of Spring 2022)
Due to changes in U.S. Center for SafeSport and U.S. Soccer Federation policy, athletes
18 or over who may interact with Minor Athletes, have more responsibilities to your
Organization/Mass Youth Soccer, under state and federal law than they had as a minor.
What does this mean?
- Athletes that are 18 or will turn 18 during a current playing season and play on a
team with minor athletes are required to take the SafeSport Core Abuse Prevention
training in order to participate. Players who are currently 17 years old may get a
head start on this requirement and take the training with parental consent prior to
their 18th birthday.
- To follow U.S. Soccer policy, these athletes must be crosschecked against the
Commonwealth of Mass SORI database, the U.S. Soccer, and SafeSport
Disqualification list once they turn 18. Mass Youth Soccer will conduct this activity.
- Go to www.safesporttrained.org
- New users will need to create a SafeSport account.
- If you have completed any SafeSport courses before, login with the same details
- Players must take the SafeSport Abuse Prevention 90-minute Core training
- If an enrollment key is asked for – YC3E-6P5G-YYIL-CS2M
Once completed, download your certificate (PDF) and use the link below to upload your certificate to NSC via GotSport OR email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Further Information From MA Youth Soccer – CLICK HERE