NSCJA (1st-2nd Grade)
The NSC Junior Academy (NSCJA) is the first step in the NSC Development Pathway. Participants are in 1st & 2nd Grade and the focus is on introducing and developing key fundamentals and comfort with the soccer ball in a fun environment.
Our Goals for players in the NSCJA
- Learning & Development of Fundamental Soccer Skills
- Team Building
- HAVE FUN!!
Small Sided Games
- 4v4 – for more player involvement and touches
- No Goalkeepers
- Pop-up Goals
- Size 3 Ball
- For full NSCJA Game Rules CLICK HERE
4 Divisions of Single Gender Teams
- 1st Grade Girls
- 2nd Grade Girls
- 1st Grade Boys
- 2nd Grade Boys
Note: Girls may request to play on a boys team during registration, but there are no co-ed teams, and the league is not co-ed.
- NSCJA teams are coached by volunteers
- All parents, regardless of prior soccer experience are encouraged to participate.
- NSC utilizes professional trainers to support coaches over the course of the season
- NSC provides access to a professionally developed age appropriate curriculum and coach training opportunities to all coaches
- For details of coach training Click here
All coaches, assistants managers, board members, etc. must register online with Needham Soccer Club and complete a CORI background check through MYSA
6-8 Week Season
- One Game per weekend scheduled – Saturday or Sunday
- 1 hour in duration, broken into a 20 minute practice/warm-up and a 40 minute game
- 1 weekday practice per week – 1 hour
- Depending on holidays there are typically 6-8 games per season
Typically begins around 2nd week of September and continues through to the start of November. Game & Practice schedules available after September 1st
Typically begins around 2nd week of April and continues through to early June (no games Memorial Day weekend). Game & Practice schedules available after April 1st
No Games Are Scheduled On Religious Holidays