The Needham Soccer tryouts for Fall Travel teams for players going into 4th to 8th Grade will be held at DeFazio Park on Saturday June 1st @ Defazio Park, Needham.
After these tryouts, we will select the following teams:
4th Grade – 2 teams of each gender
5th Grade – 2 teams of each gender
6th Grade – 3 teams of each gender (new 3rd team added for Fall 2019)
7th/8th Grade – all teams travel at this age group, with ranked teams selected by the same process.
Age groups are based on the grade they will be going into in Fall 2019
- Boys GOING INTO 4th Grade – 8am
- Boys GOING INTO 5th Grade – 9.15am
- Boys GOING INTO 6th Grade – 10.30am
- Boys GOING INTO 7th or 8th Grade – 11.45am
- Girls GOING INTO 4th Grade – 2pm
- Girls GOING INTO 5th Grade – 3.15pm
- Girls GOING INTO 6th Grade – 4.30pm
- Girls GOING INTO 7th or 8th Grade – 5.45pm
- You MUST be registered online for Fall soccer in order to attend tryouts. Online registration for the SPRING, 2019 season is open from, May 1st to, May 31st. CLICK HERE FOR PLAYER REGISTRATION
- If you plan to attend travel team tryouts, online fall soccer registration must be completed by May 20th. (all other programs and age groups can register after that until May 31st)
- Tryouts are not mandatory and are open to all players interested in being considered for a travel team. Only players interested in a travel team should attend tryouts. There is no makeup date for tryouts. If you are unable to attend, please notify your current coach.
- You must tryout in your own age group and cannot attend another tryout in another age group.
- Players please arrive 10 minutes before the scheduled time to check-in. Wear cleats and shinguards, bring a soccer ball and a drink and please dress appropriately for weather – layers are best.
- Players will be asked to complete a series of drills and demonstrate skills that they are familiar with and that are age appropriate. They will be evaluated by experienced professional trainers.
Coaches Information & Registration
- Coaches interested in being considered to coach a travel team must be registered online by May 17th, Online Registration link to register as a volunteer coach. Click CLICK HERE FOR COACH REGISTRATION (other coaches can still register after this date for non-travel).
- Be sure to update your coach profile because the information in that profile is what is used to slate the travel team coach applicants. Enter any recent coaches courses completed, licenses, etc.
- The NSC coaches selection committee will meet to review all applications and slate coaches for all travel teams in accordance with NSC By-Laws.
- The club will notify the slated coaches prior to tryouts and may invite them to observe the tryouts.
- The club must adhere to rules and guidelines from MA Youth Soccer and US Soccer for all our coaches, including, but not limited to CORI and SORI checks. New regulations on coach requirements will be coming in for the 2019/20 year, we will communicate those requirements as we have more information.