Become a Referee
Needham Soccer Club offers opportunities to referee in 2 of our core programs during Spring & Fall seasons:
– NSCCL (Needham Soccer Club Champions League)
– BAYS Travel Program (Boston Area Youth Soccer)
NSCCL Referees (NSC In-house Certification)
- Must be aged 12 or older, prior to June 30
- Recommended for new referees
- In house league played in Needham on Saturdays & Sundays
- 3rd/4th grade(7v7) and 5th/6th grade (9v9) divisions (boys & girls)
- Attendance at our 2 hour in-house training course required – typically offered Mid March each year.
- New referees receive a full uniform, referee book and laws of the game upon completion of the introductory course
- Weekly game assignments
- Pay per game (rates vary between 7v7 & 9v9 games), paid at the end of season by NSC.
- NSCCL Certification allows refereeing ONLY in NSCCL games here in Needham.
For any questions about refereeing in the NSCCL program contact email@example.com
Spring 2020 NSCCL Courses
New NSCCL Referees – Introductory Course
New referees must attend ONE of these dates:
Monday March 23rd 2020, 6:00pm – 8:30pm, Pollard Lecture Hall
Tuesday March 24th 2020, 6:00pm – 8:30pm, Pollard Lecture Hall
Current NSCCL Referees – Mandatory Refresher Course
Wednesday March 25th 2020, 6:00pm – 7:15pm, Pollard Lecture Hall
To attend one of these courses, please register with the link below. Referees will be required to have an active regularly checked email address.
BAYS Travel League Referees (State Certified, FIFA Affiliated)
- Must be at least 14 years old
- Recommended for referees after getting prior referee experience in NSCCL
- Must have taken the Referee Grade 8 Entry Level Course – CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS – Massref.net
- For a list of Grade 8 Entry Level Course options in MA – CLICK HERE
- Course fee reimbursed by NSC, and a full referee uniform provided upon completion
- Upon completion of course, referees will be qualified to referee or assistant referee BAYS league games
- Referees paid per game by BAYS during the season
- Assistant Referees are paid by NSC at the end of the season
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org upon completion of the course, or with any questions.