The NSC Junior Academy will consist of the following format:
- A girls division and a separate boys division (although girls may request to play on a boys team if requested at time of registration)
- Separate 1st and 2nd grade teams with a maximum of nine players
- A seven game season in the fall and spring played over eight weeks
- Game day will consist of a 30 min practice followed by 30 min game
- NSCJA will use small sided game format (4v4)
- Three or Four weekday skills clinics for players and coaches
- Age specific soccer curriculum to enhance player and coach development
- Each team will be provided with 1 pop-up goal, 2 balls and Ice Packs
- New coaches will also receive cones and a ball bag
In-town 4v4 NSCJA recreational league
Balanced teams with a focus on fun, learning and development
Saturday OR Sunday games IN NEEDHAM
practice during week
All coaches and assistants must be registered ONLINE with Needham Soccer Club
Registration via online system ONLY – There are two separate registration periods. For Fall Soccer, registration opens in May; deadline is end of June after that date a $100 late fee is assessed and no guarantee of a spot in the program. For Spring Soccer Season, registration opens in October and deadline is November. Registrations after that will be assessed a $100 late fee.
Team Placement Requests: age group coordinators try to set up teams with at least two players from a school together. Teams are mixed with at least 2 schools per team. Requests cannot be made by phone or email - only during the online registration process. Head and assistant coaches can make a request to be paired together. Teams are picked with the goal of making equally skilled teams. While they try to pick players to have school mates, it is not always possible.
Late registrations are very time consuming and disruptive to teams and coaches. Please sign up on time in order to be assured a place on a team. A player must be registered in order to be placed on a team. We do accept a small waitlist in each age group & gender. Any waitlisted players will NOT be placed until a spot opens up. The Soccer Club will contact you by email at that time to assess the player’s interest in the roster spot. If still interested, we will charge your credit card the season's fees and order a uniform.